Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sewing Buddy Project

I joined in the Sewing Buddy fun with Whipstitch! I'm really enjoying getting to know my pen pal! I'm sure if we lived closer there would be some fun play dates with us and our girls!

Our first project was to make an artist trading card. I had never heard of them before now. They are so cute and fun to make! It's basically, in this case, a fabric business card. It's the approximate size of a business card and basically gives a description of yourself.

I think I did a fairly good job describing myself in this little card! I wasn't sure at all when I started this, that I would be able to get anything on that small size about myself. But I think I covered most all of it ;)





I tried to use my favorite colors, grey, green, white, pink and blue. I love all shades of these colors, especially grey blue and green. The pinwheel block is one of my favorites and I could make it tiny. While I don't actually live in a pink house, its about as pink as it could get with 4 girls including myself living in it. I love love love to garden! The tree and flowers represent my love for that. Daisies and hydrangeas are my favorites! The blue forget me nots are in memory of my son that was stillborn at 32 weeks. The pink ribbon is in honor of my younger sister that has won her battle against breast cancer that started two years ago. The beads on the back represent my blingy side!

This was a fun little project and it got me back to the sewing room! I haven't done anything in there since before Christmas. Can't wait to see what our next challenge will be!

The signups for this year are now closed but if you are interested be on the look out for signups next year! Until then you can see what some of our projects are in the Sewing Buddy Project flickr pool here and follow mine here!

No comments :

Post a Comment